We have experience advising insurers, financial institutions, brokers and businesses on transactions in the insurance sector and insurance regulatory matters across the EU.
• Acting for local pension company in relation to transfer of clients from another insurance company and consolidation.
• Advising on the incorporation of an insurance company in Romania including all necessary regulatory advice.
• Acting for major insurance company in relation to administrative matters and correspondence with the insurance commission.
• Acting for prospective investor in acquisition of shares in Romanian insurance company including documentary legal due diligence and review of re-insurance contracts.
• Advising local insurance broker as to requirements of relevant legislation and requirements of the insurance supervisory commission.
• Acting for international aircraft lessor in relation to leasing to a local flag carrier airline including reviewing insurance requirements and policy documentation.
• Acting for major financiers and credit insurance companies in relation to loans made to Governmental institutions
• Advising potential investors in relation to the incorporation and setting up of both general and life insurance companies in Romania including negotiations with the supervisory commission.
• Acting for international re-insurance company in relation to recovery of debts from previous state insurance companies.
• Acting for international insurance company regarding the regulations and approvals required under Romanian insurance law as well as claims handling and payments in Romania.
• Advising and representing for a former employee of a major insurance company regarding proceedings against the local regulator.