Members of our firm have advised and assisted on Romanian power generation projects and energy projects and have a deep understanding of the relevant Romanian energy legislation and governmental bodies involved in connection with power generation and sale as well as Romanian environmental matters.
We provide clients with valuable advice in matters regarding generation, transport, exploration, storage, interconnection, trading, distribution and supply in the Romanian energy & renewable energy sectors.
- Assisting Swiss based multinational company in relation to proposed investment in wind energy farms in Romania. The work included consideration of legal environment; review of available documentation and consideration of the novelty of the transaction.
- Assisting Italian company in relation to development of Romanian biomass energy facilities. This required an understanding of the relevant technology. In addition a number of issues were raised due to the project regarding its implementation.
- Supplying preliminary legal advice and assistance in respect of a number of wind farm projects to investors from Ireland in relation to possible investments in Romanian renewable energy project in Constanta area. The matter consisted of an initial review of the project documentation and considering any possible initial legal implications.
- Advising central European investor in relation to Romanian photovoltaic project. This required an initial capital restructuring together with review of investment documentation and law in relation to photovoltaic construction and implementation in Romania.
- Advising petroleum service provider in relation to legal framework and legislative matters in relation to its business in Romania.
- Advising electricity producer concerning contractual obligations with the Romanian Electricity Regulator and Romanian electricity distributor.
- Advising a Romanian energy efficiency company in connection with required documentation and structuring.
- Advising a corporate finance company, specializing in the environment and infrastructure on an energy efficiency company’s patented product.
- Advising wind farm developer on documentation and regulations in Romania.